- On October 28, 2016
- In Blogs
- By Chris Howell
- 0 Comments
As we approach Halloween, we’re exposed to scary monsters and eerie ghosts…but what about the real cyber threats that we cannot see? Here are five spooky cybersecurity facts to get you through October 31:
1. The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) currently has a list of 24 confirmed cybercriminals on their most wanted list, who are responsible for up to a $100 million in damages or in requested ransoms.
(Source: FBI, 2016)
2. There has been a major rise in government agencies reporting cyber incidents. According to the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO), reported incidents increased to 67,168 in 2014 from 5,503 in 2006.
3. The United Nations (UN) found that digital crime affects 17 percent of the population, while physical theft is below 5 percent.
4. From 2006 to 2012, there was a 680 percent increase in cybersecurity breaches.
5. Fifty-two percent of the 7,818 businesses surveyed by the Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS) were attacked by computer viruses.
To protect yourself from these modern day cybersecurity monsters, contact Cloudburst Security at firstname.lastname@example.org.