Eight Key Information Security Assessments That Your Organization Needs Today
- On November 3, 2016
- In Blogs
- By Chris Howell
- 0 Comments
In our day-to-day lives, assessments allow us to get an overall picture of various situations. They first provide us with a foundation of where we currently are. Then, they allow us to explore what is and what is not currently working so that we can make changes accordingly. Assessments help us to properly establish a pathway towards where we want to be.
If you were trying to lose weight, an assessment of your current weight, current level of activity, and current diet would be the best place to begin and move forward. Such is the case with security–assessments are the key to reaching an organization’s security goals, no matter what industry or sector you are in.
At Cloudburst Security, we’ve utilized a combination of industry best-practices and real-world experience to create the following eight key information security assessments:
1. Application security assessments: Digs deep into application-specific vulnerabilities, through static and/or dynamic testing, manual review, and code review.
2. Compromise assessments: Helps your organization to answer the question, “Is there a malicious presence on my network today?”
3. Penetration testing assessments: Tests your organization’s security through ethical hacking before the bad guys do.
4. Risk assessments: A review your organizational risk-posture.
5. Security operations assessments: A review of your people, processes, and technologies to evaluate the effectiveness of your security operations capabilities. Is your organization suffering from security operations blindness?
6. Security-tool efficacy assessments: A review of if your organization’s current tools are working to the best of their ability, and in an integrated fashion.
7. Spear-phishing exercise assessments: Realistic spear-phishing assessments (where most attacks now start) to measure end-user awareness and provide training, in order to prevent your users from falling for phishing emails.
8. Vulnerability assessments: A variety of assessments to define weaknesses, based on your organizational needs and environment.
Cloudburst Security can help your organization determine the best type of assessment your organization might need. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or explore our range of Trusted Advisor Services.